Here are the websites and organizations I use frequently and highly recommend for great tools, tips and expertise. I’ve added some additional notes about my experience with each to explain my recommendation.
- Author U – Judith Briles
I looked everywhere online for a one-stop shop for authors and was ecstatic to find Author U. It covers ALL the ins and outs of writing, publishing and marketing. Membership is $99/year for hugely helpful practical advice, discounts, author events and so much more. Visit their website http://authoru.org.
Author U helps authors create, develop and publish your book without being hoodwinked. If you already have a book out, you will find a supportive, brainstorming community that is connected and creative.
- Writing a book, resurrecting a book, or just supporting a book;
- Creating one that will find a following;
- Strategizing the steps to be successful;
- Developing a game-plan that has roots;
- Designing a book that is the right fit for your audience;
- Publishing a book that turns heads;
- Marketing moxie that creates results;
- Social media strategies that are book and author friendly;
- Publicity tactics that work;
- Crowdfunding for Authors and Books;
- Gizmos, gadgets and technology; and
- Achieving Amazing Results
- The Publicity Hound – Joan Stewart
Joan Stewart is a tremendously savvy book marketer with LOTS of experience and success helping authors get positioned and promoted in the marketplace. Visit Joan’s site http://publicityhound.com.
If you need free publicity for a product, service, cause or issue, you’re in the right place.
- 2,000 blog posts and articles, hundreds of learning tools, and lots of free advice on how to tell your story to the world. You can also find great tips, tricks and tools for free publicity Joan’s popular ezine, “The Publicity Hound’s Tips of the Week,” published every Tuesday and Saturday.
- Whether you need to launch a book, promote an event, write a press release or start your own LinkedIn group, Joan can help.
- The Book Designer – Joel Friedlander
Joel Friedlander is the go-to expert on all aspects of book publishing. One of the most informative and helpful bloggers online! I started following Joel while working on Sunbelievable. He graciously allowed me to guest post on the blog during my virtual book tour. He reaches hundreds of thousands viewers daily! Visit Joel’s site http://www.thebookdesigner.com.
I’ve used my background in book design, advertising, graphic design to create this collection of over 700 articles that are authoritative, easy to understand, and fair-minded. The information here has helped guide thousands of authors just like you as they made their way through the publishing process.